- This event has passed.
General Skating Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30-2:00 pm Click here for more details
November 26 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
General Skate (any age) will Start on Thursday November 19th
and will continue on every Tuesdays and Thursdays
from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
*All other skates will be announced at a later date *
Here’s What you need to know
Entering and exiting
- Patrons must enter and exit through the Kinsmen Entrance, with directional signage in place as guidance
- Doors will open 10 minutes prior to skate time
- Fees: $5.00 per Adult / $3.00 per Senior / $3.00 per Child
- All patrons must sign in and review the COVID-19 questions with the employee at the front desk.
- Patrons displaying symptoms will be asked to leave.
- Patrons must sanitize their hands upon entry
- Ice users must wear a mask when entering the Centre and masks can only be removed when exiting the dressing area to participate in the Ice session. Masks must be reapplied when the participant returns to the dressing area and can only be removed after exiting the Centre
- Dressing Area will be limited to chairs under the stands (Dressing areas C and D)
- Follow directional signage. Use of Dressing rooms is prohibited.
- 6 ft physical distancing must be kept as much as possible;
- There is a MAXIMUM of 50 people permitted on the ice at one time.
- Some users may be denied entry until others have left.
- No spectators allowed
- No food will be allowed.
- No liquids will be allowed, unless inside a reusable water bottle or mug
- Washroom in the referee’s room is available for patrons
On The Ice
- Patrons must respect fellow skaters and the rules outlined below. Please report all accidents or injuries to the on-site supervisor immediately.
- It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA-approved helmet during all skating sessions.
- Skaters are asked to skate at a sensible and safe speed in the same direction as other skaters.
- Chairs are not permitted on the ice.
- Only persons wearing skates are permitted on the ice surface.
- The following Rules of Conduct must be adhered to by all patrons:
- NO carrying children while on the ice surface (including baby carriers).
- NO headsets, cell phones, or hand-held electronic devices are to be used while skating
- NO Food and/or drinks are permitted on the ice surface.
- Foul language or inappropriate behaviour will result in immediate removal from the facility.
- NO Games; tag, rough-play, horseplay or speed skating. They may be fun for some, but are dangerous to others.
- NO figure skating.
- Patrons must skate with the direction of all skaters.
- Patrons must conduct themselves appropriately at all times.
- Patrons attending Public Skating must have a responsible adult of 18 years of age or older to accompany children 12 years of age and under
- Civic Centre employees will be scheduled to clean and sanitize the track, including frequently touched surfaces and washrooms, at least twice per day.
- Users are reminded to limit touching surfaces as much as possible, and cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbows when not wearing a mask.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. The Civic Centre Ice Surface is subject to the same public health protocols as other buildings in the province, and entry may be denied accordingly. Please read more about these protocols at gov.nl.ca/covid-19 and stay home if you are required to do so, or are symptomatic.
Patrons using the rink do so at their own risk. The Corner Brook Civic Centre does not accept responsibility for related risks or injuries.